Moving is one of the most stressful events and can be overwhelming at times. During relocation, you have to deal with several responsibilities at the same time. From sorting your things and packing your stuff to utility transfer and loading of your things, you need to take care of everything. When you need to complete all these tasks within a limited time, it is possible to get confuse, leading to chaos. Therefore you need to find some ways that can make things a little easier to manage.
Many people prefer to hire professional removalists in Canberra. The experts have proficiency in packing, loading and transporting all kinds of belongings in the safest possible manner. They save a lot of time which allow you to focus on other essential aspects of moving. However, only hiring professionals might not be enough to experience a smooth move. You also need to follow some other smart tactics.
Read on to know more about the moving hacks that can make your move easier.
When Making Your Plans
If you want to experience a smooth relocation, you need to make your plans as early as possible. It will help you to focus on the right area and follow some excellent hacks.
• Book professionals at the earliest: If you want to relocate with professionals’ help, then contact a reliable moving company in Canberra and book them at the earliest. Otherwise, you might face the problem of their unavailability.
• Transfer utilities: Living in your new home without light, water, LPG, internet, etc., for the first few days can be a nightmare. So forward your request to transfer the utilities at least four weeks before you move.
• Take help from friends and families: Moving on your own can be difficult and stressful. However, a little help from your close friends and family can make things a lot simpler. So inform them about the moving day at least a month ago.
• Finish perishable food items: You cannot move the perishable food items like yoghurts, butter, cheese, fruits, vegetables, etc. Therefore, you should properly plan your meals in the last few weeks, so you can finish all the things before you move out.
When Packing Your Things
Packing your stuff and moving them to your new place is the most challenging and time-consuming chore of the entire relocation. However, you can avoid moving stress by following these hacks.
• Remove unwanted stuff: Make a list of things that you don’t anymore. It can be your old books, clothes, electronics, furniture, small appliances, gym equipment, etc. Then, conduct a garage sale and sell the items. You can also donate them.
• Pack moving day kit: Do not forget to pack a separate bag that will have your essential. You will need your toothbrush, toiletries, paper towels, chargers, medicine, etc., after the move, so keep them with you in your moving it.
• Choose the right size of box: To make your packing simple and more effective, you need to use the right size of the box. Always keep heavy items in small boxes and lighter items in large boxes.
• Put labels on boxes: Once you are done with the packing, do not forget to put labels on the boxes. It will help you a lot during the unpacking process.
To Save Money
Moving is not only stressful and challenging but also costly. However, there are some smart tactics that can help you save some money and allow you to avoid unpleasant financial surprises.
• Prepare a budget: Always make a budget at the starting as it will help you keep track of all major and minor expenses. As a result, you will be able to avoid unnecessary expenses.
• Get boxes for free: If you opt for a DIY move, you can arrange cardboard boxes for free. Visit the nearby liquor, grocery, electronic store as they have ample amount of cardboard boxes.
• Avoid packing materials: Instead of purchasing costly bubble wrap, packing papers, packing peanuts, etc., use old bed sheets, towels, old t-shirts, and other similar things to wrap your fragile items into the box.
• Compare quotes: If you want to hire a cost-effective company, then you need to compare the quotes of at least three to four different companies.
Loading Oversized Items
Loading your bulky furniture and appliances into the truck can be difficult and risky. Inappropriate methods can not only damage the items but can also cause injuries or accidents. However, you can make thing easier for you by following the hacks.
• Disassemble the furniture: Remove all the detachable parts, making it easier to lift and load heavy items into the truck.
• Use modern equipment: Invest in tools like furniture dolly, shoulder dolly, sliders, etc., to move bulky items. Experienced removalists in Canberra also use such tools.
• Push instead of pull: If you need to drag a piece of heavy and bulky furniture, push the item instead of pulling it because it put a lot of strain on your back that causes injury.
Whether you are moving to a different state or across the street, relocation is always very difficult. However, you can make things a little easier by following the hacks that are mentioned above. If you want to relocate without any kind of stress or hassles, then hire a reputed removals company in Canberra. The professionals will help you move as smoothly as possible.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE